- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education ,or examinations recognized equivalent thereto,with 50% marks in Biology separately ,and 50% aggregate marks in Physics ,Chemistry and Biology put together,are eligible .(as per INC norms)
- Candidates,who have passed the qualifying examination from outside Kerala,should produce recognition certificate and equivalency of qualifying examination from the Kerala University of health Sciences. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that,the qualifying examination he/she has passed is recognized by the Kerala University of Health Sciences eligible qualification for admission to the B.Sc.Nursing Course.
- The Candidate should produce migration.
- Certificate if required Candidate shall be medically fit.
ALLOCATION OF SEATS
The N S Co-operative College of nursing has an annual intake of 30 seats for the BSc (N)course.The details about the seats are given below:
- General Merit-50%
- Management Quota-35%
- NRI Quota-15%
Selection of the candidates will be based on the marks obtained in the Qualifying exam.Candidates should bring the entire document in original for Verification.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensures that the qualifying examination he/she has passed is recognized by the Kerala University of Health Sciences as eligible Qualification for admission.
The candidates sholud produce migration certificate if it is needed.
HOW TO APPLY
- A. A candidate who seeks admission to the N S Memorial College of Nursing, Kollam, under the management quota should submit an application online in the website of the college www.nsnursingcollege.in from 23.05.2018 onwards.
- B. Application fee of Rs.500/- to be remitted in the form of DD drawn in favour of Principal, N S Memorial College of Nursing, Kollam.
- C. A print out of the application form along with DD and supporting documents listed below to be sent so as to reach the college on or before 04.07.2018.
- The following documents (self attested Photostat copies) should be accomplished along with the application form.
- Copy of SSLC certficate,12th certificate
- Mark list of qualifying examination.
- Course certificate and Conduct certificate.
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Fitness Certificate
- Candidates are instructed not to enclose any original certificates along with the application.
- E. Rank list will be published in the college website on 05.07. 2018.
The N S Memorial College of Nursing follows the Curriculum prescribed by the Kerala University of Health Sciences.
- Students are required to wear the uniform prescribed by the College during clinical experiences and class hours.
- Students should have their hair put up and should wear only prescribed foot wears. \
- Students are not allowed to wear any jewelley except small earrings during the clinical experience.
- Vacations are given according to the programme of study,2 weeks in December and 4 weeks in May respectively.Students are not permitted to have any other kind of leave or absenteeism.
- Disciplinary action will be taken if students remain absent on the 1st and closing day of the term
- A medical certificate from a registered medical practitioner must be produced within 3 days in the event of illness.
- Students are responsible to the Principle for the behavior both in and outside the Collge.
- Students should maintain silence in the class,library and in the corridors when lectures are in session.
- Student should make every effort to take care of the College,Hostel and Hospital property
- Any willful damage done to the property of the College,Hostel and Hospital will be dealt with as a breach of discipline.
- Students are required to abide by the rules and regulations laid by the hospital,and college authorities.Violation of rules will entail disciplinary action.
- Students are required to maintain ethical and professional standards and behaviors.
- Students will not involve themselves in any religious activity publicly with the campus during their tenure in the college.
- Students who are found to have major health problems viz.,cardiac problems,Epilepsy,tuberculosis,infectious skin diseases,psychiatric problems or any other major illness will have to discontinue their course and the fees paid will not be refunded.
- Voluntary withdrawal:Students who voluntarily withdraw from the college shall be required to pay full fees for the entire course.The fees already paid will not be refunded.
The Selected candidates will be informed of the date and time of admission.
The selected candidates shall accept the admission by remitting the requisite fee to the college office within the scheduled time.The candidates who do not remit the feeon or before the stipulated date will lose their admission.The fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances after closing of admission.The fees are fixed by the management as per relevant court verdict.If any candidate discontinues the course after closing the admission she/he has to pay liquidation damage (the full fee of the remaining course).T.C & Certificates will be issued only after payment of the above amount.
All the selected students should get themselves vaccinated against Hepatitis and chicken pox before admission.A certificate to the effect will be produced at the time of admission or before commencement of the course.